The leaves are changing, putting on their magnificent nature show, while the mornings become cool and crisp. Autumn is here. As temperatures drop to the tune of leaves falling, we at Farmhouse also embrace the transition. Our habits, clothing, diet, and taste buds change. We invite you to see why Fall is one of our favorites. Enjoy some fantastic ways to use Farmhouse products and cool new recipes.
Pies in our household are a necessity in fall. With so many options for flavors, it’s hard to make just one.
Farmhouse Honey Pumpkin Pie:
- Dough for double-crust pie
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of our 250mg honey (Total mg in the pie will be 125mg)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond the rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, honey, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Add eggs, evaporated milk, and milk. Pour into crust. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent over-browning. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- Optional if you want to get fancy. On a lightly floured surface, roll the remaining dough to 1/8-in.-thick. Cut out three 3-in. leaves and three 5x1/2-in. strips. Using a sharp knife, cut veins in leaves. Wrap each strip of dough around the handle of a wooden spoon; place spoons upside down on a baking sheet. Place leaves, vein side up, on the rounded side of spoons. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Arrange on a cooled pie. Refrigerate leftovers.
Farmhouse Honey Yogurt Pie with Honey Drizzle and Toasted Walnuts:
- 1/4 cup Farmhouse 250mg Honey
- 8 ounces block-style cream cheese, room temperature
- 6-ounce container plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-ounce package prepared graham cracker crust
- Additional 1 tbsp of Honey for drizzling
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- In a bowl or electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, yogurt, honey, and vanilla for 5 minutes until well-combined and fluffy.
- Spoon into prepared pie crust and smooth top.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- To serve, cut into wedges and garnish with some chopped walnuts.
Hot cocoa is another staple in our Farmhouse family. While we all love the upcoming holidays, we understand this can be a stressful time for many. Say goodbye to the holiday chaos with our special 10mg peppermint hot cocoa recipe. You will not regret it.
Hot Peppermint Cocoa: